Friday, September 08, 2006

Updated Vision of Astral Mindscapes

As the semester progresses I find myself limited in time to write to this blog. I'm still toying as to what direction I want to take with this blog, and I may have stumbled upon something that will provide what I believe will be interesting content while adhereing to at least a semi-coherent pattern of topics.

I came across a book in the library the other day entitled The Journals of A. H. Maslow, the subject of which I believe is pretty apparent in the title. Essentially Abraham Maslow kept journals for the last 10 or so years of his life, an attempt to better organize the multitude of ideas and thoughts that he was pursuing. He would periodically write in his journals, discussing various topics of interest as it occured to him. He managed, according to this compilation of his journals, to write thousand(s) of pages worth of notes.

I find his work and its vision to be quite fascinating, and an inspiration of what I want to accomplish. I hope to have that sort of encyclopedia, if you will, of material that I have composed over the course of my life. So in an attempt to adhere to the foundation that Maslow layed down in terms of journal-keeping, I'm going to try and pursue the same course of action. I will use this journal primarily as a means of discourse for the various topics I stumble across and pursue over the semester, largely influenced as well by the courses I am taking. I hope that once I have a more solid foundation of information compiled here that I can influence my professors to either take a look at it, or at the very least encourage the use of blogs as a serious tool for class-room discussion and assignments.

No comments: