Friday, January 05, 2007

Surrender Onto Shiva

I've done a lot of introspection and reflection the past week or so, and have reconciled my beliefs with family. Though it still remains more of an unspoken issue, it does release. Part of my reflection this week has been a profound, deeply seeded interest in the Hindu God Shiva. Hopefully, I will find time to write a bit more and offer more reflection.
I've never really considered myself much of a poet. I'll write one now and then, maybe I need to write more often. But, I felt inspired to write one today.

Endless streets of shattered dreams
Walking alone in the dark of night
Attached to false desires
And lingering hopes of beautific love
Within, a bloody battlefield
Where two mighty armies wage
A war for control of the soul
Inticed by the earthy pleasures
But yearning for spiritual release
Seeking solace from a lie
And disappointments which never die
A divide in the mind
The wall, a construct of my ego
Unable to scale its heights
Falling to the ground
The air of failure rushing against my face
But why, oh why do I seek
That which is Maya
Why I do I hold onto fleeting moments
Of illusory dreams of romance and love
Surrender, if I will, to the embrace of the Divine
The everlasting light of purity
And the unconditional love
As an infant surrenders to its mother
Do I too seek to surrender onto You
That which I AM, whose name is Shiva

Brightest Blessings and Peace Onto each of you this Holiday season, regardless of what faith you claim. And may the truth of this season bring forth blessings and peace onto all of humanity.

Peace and Much Love To you all
Scott

No comments: